We have amazing, marvelous, incredible news!
Following your requests, we’ve made a guide showcasing the complete creation and import process of a 3D FaceRig avatar. This is not an in depth tutorial for general 3D modelling techniques, instead it focuses on aspects specific to FaceRig avatars.
The avatar in this guide is a simple character, we did not to make it overly complex, as this is meant to help beginners.
NOTE: This video is a GUIDE that walks you through the steps of creating and importing a custom model into FaceRig. This is not a 3D art tutorial per se. You can find loads of tutorials online for every single 3D art step shown here. During the course of the guide we will point out certain FaceRig specific settings that must not be omitted .
IMPORTANT: For those of you who created their own avatars, and have an issue with the shadows, here’s how to solve it:
1. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FaceRig\Mod\VP\PC_CustomData\Objects
2. Select your avatar’s folder
3. (After going through the import process) copy “cfg” file and rename it as
4. Open the file and delete everything in it
5. Write the command “set_avatar_scale 30” . You can chose whatever value you wish based on the hight you want for your avatar