Windows 10 Creator Update & Google Hangouts - Facerig

Homepage Forum Support FaceRIG Bug Report Windows 10 Creator Update & Google Hangouts

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Auxiron 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Auxiron
    Participant

Hello,
    I have been a Facerig user now for over a year, with almost 1000 hours logged. I own just about every DLC I believe. Anyway, I have been using it flawlessly on Windows 10 64bit and Google Hangouts for all this time, but it seems (maybe coincidence) that since the Windows 10 Creator update, it has stopped working with hangouts. I have completely removed it, rebooted, even reinstalled windows, and have had no luck. I have ran the Windows 8 Virtual camera driver installation with no luck, I have run the BAT files in the BIN directory with no luck. I have reinstalled the VisualC redistributables and the various directX versions, with no luck. I have made sure that broadcasting is on, and before anyone asks I cannot goto Chromium, for work reason I have to use Chrome. I am currently running Windows 10 Home 64bit Version 1703 OS Build 15063.250 and Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 64 bit. All I get when I select the Facerig Virtaul Cam from Hangouts as my Webcam, is a black screen. However, Facerig does recognize my camera because the Avatars move when I move from the camera input. It just does not output to Hangouts as it did before. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have invested a ton of time and money into facerig, and would hate to have to scrap it now.

facerig
    Keymaster

Hi, did you try to use the program a with admin privileges?

Auxiron
    Participant

Yes, I not only am an admin, but I also have specifically ran it with admin privileges. No luck.

Auxiron
    Participant

I’ve also noticed that there is now a Facerig 64bit Camera installed too, which ALWAYS shows that facerig is offline, no matter what.

facerig
    Keymaster

I would also suggest verifying data integrity (from Steam, go to FaceRig, right click, go to Properties, go to LOCAL FILES tab then click on VERIFY INTEGRITY OF APPLICATION FILES).

If this doesn’t solve the issue, please look at the pinned post and provide us with the files we need in order to take a deeper look into the problem and help you troubleshoot http://steamcommunity.com/app/274920/discussions/2/34096318703798146/

Auxiron
    Participant

Thanks, I will send the files, verifying integrity won’t solve anything since I have done complete Windows reloads and it didn’t resolve it. Files will be sent today.

Auxiron
    Participant

Apologies, been busy. Here is the file you wanted.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Auxiron
    Participant

And the other two…

Attachments:

Auxiron
    Participant

Here it is as txt since .log doesn’t work

Attachments:

Auxiron
    Participant

It’s probably also worth noting, that I installed ManyCam and that works showing facerig and I can use ManyCam in Hangouts to make Facerig work, but that is definitely not optimal, #1 it slows the framerate down, and #2 it has a MANYCAM watermark that I can only get rid of if I buy it, which I don’t want to do. I am using 64bit Chrome too if that is not evident by the version # I am running. So this appears to maybe having nothing to do with Windows 10 Creator Update, and more to do with latest versions of Chrome. Please Help! It’s been weeks now, and I am 1000 hours into Facerig and $40 for ALL DLC’s. I would hate to have to scrap it at this point… So if you have a definitive guide somewhere on how to install facerig on windows 10 64bit with Chrome 64bit that would be VERY helpful!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

• Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 33
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 93