Videos to use in FaceRig - Facerig

Homepage Forum Community FaceRIG News Videos to use in FaceRig

This topic contains 27 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Concerned Reader 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

AlleyCat

Hello everybody!

Because a lot of people have asked us to use a different human minion in our presentation videos in order to showcase how FaceRig deals with different facial types we thought that the best way to do this would be to ask for our awesome community’s help.
    So here’s a shout to everybody who would like to send us a face-cam video with themselves that we can pass through FaceRig and put together a video that will be used to present/promote/market/advertise FaceRig. The videos will be similar to the DevBits you’ve already grown accustomed to and it will be up to you if you want us to show you along with the avatar or just the avatar.
    We can do this now with less hustle than before because the legal process regarding licensing the Visage SDK for distribution in FaceRig, or for providing services using the Visage SDK integrated in FaceRig has move forward a few extra steps.

For everybody who is interested in giving us a helping hand with this, here is what we’d want in the video:
    – you, the human making faces (shocking, I know 😛 )
    – talk: tell a joke, a quote, something sweet, inspirational, it’s up to you (but keep it safe for work and kids 🙂 ). This will showcase the lip-sync capabilities
    – the video needs to be in English. If you’re bilingual (or multilingual) then we’d love to hear the same quote/joke/etc in the other languages you speak, but English remains mandatory.
    – the video should be about 30s – 1 min long per language (like all the other DevBits)
    – don’t add any soundtrack to the video, leave just your voice
    – you can film it with whatever webcam you have or plan to use when FaceRig will be released (would be really cool if you’d share with us and the rest of the community what webcam you used to make the video so everybody can get an idea of what webcams work better, but that’s not mandatory)

If you want a reference you can take a peak at the video with Spitfire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NebiixJINzw&feature=youtu.be).

Other things you should know about:
    – the video will need to be uploaded on YouTube under the Creative Commons BY license (that license means we can use it in our video)
    – if your video is chosen for this, we’ll need to sign an agreement in which you specify that we can use your video, you are of legal age and the person in the video is really you

If you want more info about any of the above please feel free to leave a comment and I’ll try to help out 🙂

Hope everybody is having an amazing day 😀
    edited by AlleyCat

faceriguser

Hmm maybe this was a little too daunting :).

Simplified the requirements a bit ( shorter video, also we can do the video without the human Picture in Picture).
    Also posted this on Facebook and G+. Maybe we’ll get more volunteers :D.
    edited by facerig

TrueChaoS

I gotta get in on this.

Will talk to you on skype at some point about this :3

faceriguser

Awesome! 😀

Josh

I’ll make a video for you guys to use. What software/format do you prefer?

I’d be happy to volunteer my face for science. I’ll make the video this weekend.

Falcon

I just wanted to read the post on Facebook before responding.

I might be of help in a few ways. I meet the qualifier for speaking with an American; erm, Canadian… non UK accent. I also happen to be sporting a rather bushy beard which might be of use for face tracking testing.

I would; however, rather only have the input stream and voice used less the actual video sent your way if interested.

beaniebooty

awwwh hells yeah. im so in. so, after I make the video, should I put a link to it here? what should I tag it as?

Zero_Leaf

Can you comment about non-english language videos? Will you be taking them any time soon and why not T_T

Josh, just standart youtube requirements. H.264 codec and 480/720/1080p esque resolution.

AlleyCat
    Josh wrote:
    I’ll make a video for you guys to use. What software/format do you prefer?

Thanks for sending the video Josh ^^
    You were actually the first one on the forum to do that. *hands Josh a cookie*

Falcon wrote:
    I just wanted to read the post on Facebook before responding.

I might be of help in a few ways. I meet the qualifier for speaking with an American; erm, Canadian… non UK accent. I also happen to be sporting a rather bushy beard which might be of use for face tracking testing.

I would; however, rather only have the input stream and voice used less the actual video sent your way if interested.

Sure, that’s not a problem. 😀
    Thanks!

Hihi, bearded falcon… on second thought that would look pretty epic 😕

beaniebooty wrote:
    awwwh hells yeah. im so in. so, after I make the video, should I put a link to it here? what should I tag it as?

You can put the link here or send it to me via a PM if you don’t want to make it public. Tag it as you please 🙂
    Thanks!

Zero_Leaf wrote:
    Can you comment about non-english language videos? Will you be taking them any time soon and why not T_T

Josh, just standart youtube requirements. H.264 codec and 480/720/1080p esque resolution.

Well you can send a non-english video too, but we probably won’t make it public (we’ll pass it through FaceRig and make it available only for you) because most people won’t understand what you are saying.
    If you send a video with a message in English and the same message in another language then that’s perfect because people will understand what you are saying and at the same time see how the tracking works for different languages.

The_Cruzanator wrote:
    I’d be happy to volunteer my face for science. I’ll make the video this weekend.

Thanks!

edited by AlleyCat

Hello I am new and I made things

I’ll fix the copyright licenses tomorrow.

faceriguser
    ”Concerned wrote:

Hello 🙂
    It is awesome that you have a spinning fan in the background , and a bright source of light within the frame of the camera ( that also causes lens flares in the camera lens, that generate streaks of light over your face ).
    That’s a very good test -case of the tracking engine, to see how it does in those cases :).

Nice poetry too, but the message from first video is quite dark though, so we might not post all of it on the official channel :D.
    But as soon as the program goes public, you can record and post all that you desire :).

Well, I figured that in a real world situation where someone would be using this software, they are going to be lazy and not get up to make sure their lighting and backdrop are perfect before they play videogames with their buddies.

Another thing is that people like to see the bugs and errors in the development of something they’re supporting, and then see how the developers approached and fixed them. When all of your updates are super clean and show everything working perfectly, it can actually feel too fake.

Thanks for the compliments though! I actually wrote both those pieces, so there shouldn’t be any copywrite issues.

Oh, and before I forget, I recorded the video using my samsung galaxy S3 mini with the flash on.

K_Fox

Oooh oohh – I’ll have to play with this sometime this weekend. I’m rather busy right now with work going on, but I have at least one video I’d love to have you ‘make’ for me, and I’m sure I can find something else to blather on about to make more public ones (the first vid is something I’d like to ask another crowd funded project a question – so it could be public after it is considered I guess). But yeah, I’ve got some ideas and a playstation eye, so expect some moving pictures from me soon enough!! And thanks for the opportunity!!

K Fox (all excited now!!!)

P.S. My human face is also slightly fuzzy, so it would be a usable test of the tracking prog, though I’ll admit – I’m not that fuzzy…

faceriguser
    ”Concerned wrote:

Sent you a PM 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

• Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 33
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 93