Use FaceRig in a Non-Commercial Music Video - Facerig

Homepage Forum Support FaceRIG Q&A Use FaceRig in a Non-Commercial Music Video

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MightyPotato 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

teducation

I have just purchased FaceRig Classic and downloaded the free FaceRig Team Fortress 2 Avatars DLC.

My question is: I have been asked by a band (they don’t pay me) to create a music video for their song. Can I use some of the Team Fortress 2 Avatars in the video (it is non-commercial and not monetized on YouTube). The band owns the music so no copyright problem there. Additionally, credit for use of the Valve characters can be provided in the ending credits of the video.

Thanks!

MightyPotato
    Participant

Hello,

You are not able to use licensed characters for that music video.
    If you want to use characters from Team fortress 2 you will need to contact the rightful owners for permission.
    Also if you make money from making that music video you will need FaceRig Studio.
    If the band makes makes money from that video made by you they will also need FaceRig Studio.

For non-commercial purposes, home use, you can make a video using Avatars made by us, Holotech Studios, or avatars made personally by yourself.
    For all other licensed characters, you will need approval from the rightful owners

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

• Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 33
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 93