Translation effort - Facerig

Homepage Forum Planning FaceRIG Planning Translation effort

This topic contains 30 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Bruro 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

DragosFlorin

Hello, this is Florin, posting from my regular user account.
    I’ve made this so I can see the forum and experience any changes exactly as an authenticated user, (without any extra rights, that has contributed to the campaign 🙂 ).

Anyway here it was the previous translation effort thread, and at that time I felt bad because i kept postponing the moment when the translation effort will begin ( because the website was not completed, and the English text kept changing still).

Now I don’t feel as bad, because that effort would have gone to waste (more or less).

At this moment I am much inclined to skip translating this website altogether, and only make an appeal for translation when we will have the strings from the application itself, and the strings from its steam page. Somehow those seem a lot more important to be localized than this website.

FurRiffic
    DragosFlorin wrote:
    At this moment I am much inclined to skip translating this website altogether, and only make an appeal for translation when we will have the strings from the application itself, and the strings from its steam page. Somehow those seem a lot more important to be localized than this website.

I agree with this and would like to (re)apply for translating Dutch and checking German and French

TubeDog

Still here! Still offering! 😀
    English to Hungarian translation 🙂

Derpian

Yeah, I’m still here too, and still I’d like to help – for Poland! 🙂
    The only question is – when?

Bruro
    Participant

I’m still here and ready to do some translation into German.
    Oh, and I could also check Russian translation 🙂

umbraetmors

In case there are plans for czech translation, I will gladly help.

Zero_Leaf

If nobody is doing that, i can do translation into Russian.
    Edit: nwm. I’m too busy now. Can’t help you(

I wish to help as much as possbile, so I’ll offer to do a translation English to Spanish if needed. I can also check a possible Portuguese translation, and could even try my own hand at it, but I’d need some help there.

DragosFlorin

Awesome, thank you so much :).

Because we do not want to waste anyone’s time (with intermediate versions of the text), we’ll only ping you after we’ve put together a stable version of the in-application strings file.

That file will be a simple text file, with a few formatting conventions, that will hold a long list of unique Ids and their corresponding English strings.

The localization process will be as simple as copy paste of the English block, changing the language name in the block’s header, and editing the strings to their equivalent in the desired language. There may be some special characters that may have to be left in place, that signal that a portion of a text is written with a different color, but those will be obvious.

We may even allow the application to read external customized localization files, so this way, if someone wants to translate the program in …. let’s say latin, or even in their own made-up language, they can do so :D.

edited by DragosFlorin

FurRiffic
    DragosFlorin wrote:
    (…) if someone wants to translate the program in …. let’s say latin, or even in their own made-up language, they can do so :D.

You mean like pirate-speak? 😛

Bruro
    Participant
    DragosFlorin wrote:
    Awesome, thank you so much :).

Because we do not want to waste anyone’s time (with intermediate versions of the text), we’ll only ping you after we’ve put together a stable version of the in-application strings file.

That file will be a simple text file, with a few formatting conventions, that will hold a long list of unique Ids and their corresponding English strings.

The localization process will be as simple as copy paste of the English block, changing the language name in the block’s header, and editing the strings to their equivalent in the desired language. There may be some special characters that may have to be left in place, that signal that a portion of a text is written with a different color, but those will be obvious.

We may even allow the application to read external customized localization files, so this way, if someone wants to translate the program in …. let’s say latin, or even in their own made-up language, they can do so :D.

edited by DragosFlorin

So, when can we start? 😀

michalpatryk

Sorry for beeing inactive for a big moment, I wasnt having enought time in irl, same in internet.
    I can help with english-polish translation.

ZeAntwan

Hi,

Don’t know if it has been already done, but I can help with English to French translation, and helping checking and correct it. I’m not a profesionnal, but I’m French… So… Maybe I could help !
    Anyway, good luck making it !

SpiritD

SIGNING UP FOR TRANSLATING

I can translate for SERBIAN, CROATIAN, BOSNIAN, MONTENEGRIAN ( basically pretty same).

Email me or send me a message here when you need me !

Wishdream

Well, I’m offering up English to Tagalog/Filipino Translation~
    PM me up here or send an email~!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

• Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 33
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 93