[tip] How to edit & format your signature - Facerig

Homepage Forum Community Forum rules and tips [tip] How to edit & format your signature

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  TrueChaoS 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

TrueChaoS

Hey everyone. This is just a short guide on how to edit your signature, as well as format it.
    1: How to edit your signature

First up, you have to know how to edit your signature. To find your signature, you must go into your profile settings and edit it from there. While viewing the forum, at the top of the page, you should be able to see a “My profile” button, like this:

After you click that button, it will take you to a small overview of your profile.
    From there, click the “Edit Profile” button:

When you click that button, it will take you to the page where you can edit a few things. The one we will be focusing on is the “Signature” field. If you aren’t aware, your Signature is the content automatically attached to the end of any of your posts. This can be useful for many things, from having a personal image to end your posts like I do, to linking to anything you find useful or important to mention, to just having a funny quote in there from other posts.
    2: Formatting your signature

Right now, the signature box is a simple text box, with no formatting tools. However, formatting does work in your signature, as can be seen in my signature. The formatting understood and used is the exact same as in posts, and uses BBCode formatting. I will list a few common formatting codes below for people not familiar with BBcode.

To make BBcode formatting work, you must encase the text you want to edit in a starting block of code, and an end block. These two blocks are always identical, but the ending code will always have a / in it, right after the left bracket, as shown in the examples below. Please note that you do not need to add the spaces between the opening and ending code blocks, and should not do so. I am only adding them to make it easier to read.

Bold Bold
    Italics Italics
    Underline Underline
    Colour Colour You can also use hex colour codes
    Hyperlink[/url] –
    (Image) –
    3: Things to be wary of

While we may be lenient, please keep in mind a few things when making your avatar.
    [list][*] Keep your signature short, screen-wise. No one wants to scroll down a page just to skip your signature.
    [*] Keep content appropriate. This is an official, professional website. Keep your content appropriate.[/list]

If your signature’s content is excessive or inappropriate, you may be warned to change it. Failure to do so can lead to further consequences, just as much as breaking site rules. So please, be smart guys. We don’t like being mean.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

• Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 33
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 93