I have recently hired an artist to create a facerig model for me in Maya.
He has a few questions I cannot seem to find the answers to; thought I would ask here:
1. “Are there specific export settings from Maya to facerig – specific units or flipped axis stuff?”
2. “do I need the full developer version of face rig?” Presumably to test.
As the user of said facerig mode, I have some questions.
3. What software do I need? Facerig studio – personal? Is that it?
4. Will a Logitech c920 be sufficient for the facerig to work properly?
Thank you so much for any help you can provide
2. It depends on your use-case. If by “full developer” version you mean the FaceRig Studio – Personal version, then that version allows you (being a feature that the Classic version does not have) to export animations as .fbx files to use in 3D modelling software, which is usable when creating a model. Here you can decide what your use-case is and you can leave a reply and I’ll give you more information on the differences in the licenses.
3. The same answer as for the 2nd point. You can import a created character in FaceRig Classic too, but you don’t have other features (.fbx export, timeline editor, free commercial use), so it’s up to you which version you want.