I can deal on a $35 upgrade down the line. 🙂 Hell, it means a sale (essentially) after release.
So I jumped in at a basic level, that’s fine as it was what I wanted at the time, however the more potential I see here the more I’m feeling like I may try to use it for streaming and/or Youtube videos. Considering that any adjustments to pledges are done by hand and that my original choice was not “an honest mistake”, I don’t want to bury the Facerig team with a request from me.
So, at launch, will there be an option to upgrade to a Pro license if I’m at a Classic tier? I wouldn’t mind needing to pay a little extra on top, I’d rather you guys get more out of my indecision anyway.
I believe I read that it will cost around $35 to upgrade. I bought the $50 addition myself, I’m debating on using it on my youtube or not (I’m a partner) so if I do, I’ll be needing to upgrade as well. Which is why I was reading up on it myself.
As I said, I believe it’s $35 upgrade from what I recall.
If you plan to upgrade and bought the $50 Monarch pack, it’ll likely cost more than $35 (if that’s the planned price) to upgrade to Pro if you want to keep the actor and background expansions for free with the Pro version as the equivalent pack with Pro instead of Classic costs $100.
At the moment, the critical question is whether or not there will be an option to convert to a Pro license later. Money can be dealt with once numbers are more readily available.
So just making sure… if I make a fun, non-commercial video for my minecraft community, and put it on youtube, do I or do I not need to get the pro version? (Stepped in at the Grand Explorer tier, I believe)
You can use the Classic version as long as you don’t monetize the videos. The Indiegogo page specifically mentions non-profit Youtube (among others) as a use for the Classic version.
As long as you don’t run advertisements (disable monetization) and make sure you don’t get a content ID match that will cause advertisements being placed, you’d be fine.
Thanks for the comment 🙂 +1
During the campaign there will be no issue with this whatsoever.
Keep in mind that deals with lifetime avatars packs or program upgrades, those we intend to keep as special exclusives to the crowdfunding campain.
After the crowd funding ends then there will be no more way for us to accept international payments until in August when we will be live on Steam, or on another similar service.
License upgrades done later, after the crowdfunding campaign ends, from Classic Tier to Pro Tier or from Pro Tier to Studio Tier will cost the exact difference in cost of the retail price at that time (not the crowd-funding campaign price).
This will also depend on Steam deciding to supporting such things (right now I’m not sure it does, and we’ll have to figure out a way on how to make this possible).
Major program version upgrades ( from version 1.0 to 2.0) will cost 33% of the license cost for Classic and Pro, and 66% for Studio.
We estimate that program version upgrades will occur about once every two years to keep in touch with major technology breakthroughs, but upgrading will not be compulsory, you need only do it if you feel you’re getting your money’s worth.
Steam is all about the demand. If you can provide that the community of steam has the demand for facerig then you will have it’s appraisal. I’d come up with an update on the IndieGogo campaign to send to all 12k+ members who has donated and tell them to go to the steam greenlight of facerig and vote for it. With that much votes in a short period of time would do nothing but catch their attention. Tell your funders to help you out by going and rating the greenlight thumbs up, and you should be fine! 🙂
It’s a bummer that IndieGogo doesn’t support Paypal. I have some cash still tied up there for playing around with. With 16 days left I can move it around though.
uuhm, IGG does support PayPall, that’s exactly what I used to pay for my contribution.
It’s even mentioned here: http://support.indiegogo.com/entries/20578596-Payment-Types
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.