Old forum - Imported: Potential Follow-up Campaign - The Debate - Facerig

Homepage Forum Crowdfunding FaceRIG Crowdfunding Discussion Old forum – Imported: Potential Follow-up Campaign – The Debate

This topic contains 20 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  FaceRig Admin 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Latrans

Steam is only one of the planned distribution platforms for FaceRIG. From what I understand, it will become available through the website here, and I would be quite surprised if other options did not materialize as launch-day approaches.

Monoceros
    Sgt_Brony wrote:
    Instead of a champaign just open a store section with different options of facerigs licenses to purchase at a slightly higher price then the indiegogo but lower then the release date price. If they want a free for life background and avatar pack then the price should be higher. But why the store option is because then you want have to worry about paying any fees to any croudfunding sites.

yeah, IMHO they should do something as “Star Citizen” did – open a store on site for a limited amount of time. Set same prices as they were for original backers (those who have badges) and like ~20% bigger price for new backers. BTW, I like “Free For Life” packages very much, they are very alluring, unique offer, like “Life Time Insurance” packeges in Star Citizen.

JTalbain
    Latrans wrote:
    Steam is only one of the planned distribution platforms for FaceRIG. From what I understand, it will become available through the website here, and I would be quite surprised if other options did not materialize as launch-day approaches.

I’m happy to hear that. I know that some other crowdfunded computer programs that decided to distribute through Steam ended up getting contractually obligated to have Steam as their sole distributor. That happened with the game Shadowrun Returns, which I really wanted to play, and they only just recently got the rights to distribute on their own. If FaceRig is available directly from the website, then that’s something at least. I was willing to pay triple cost to get in on the crowdfunding late if it meant I could avoid dealing with Steam.

Freyar
    JTalbain wrote:
    Latrans wrote:

I’m happy to hear that. I know that some other crowdfunded computer programs that decided to distribute through Steam ended up getting contractually obligated to have Steam as their sole distributor. That happened with the game Shadowrun Returns, which I really wanted to play, and they only just recently got the rights to distribute on their own. If FaceRig is available directly from the website, then that’s something at least. I was willing to pay triple cost to get in on the crowdfunding late if it meant I could avoid dealing with Steam.[/quote]

To be fair, it was only the DLC that would have been locked behind that.

meister

I was just rereading the campaign stuff and thinking: Man, I wish I could give them more money. A shop would work, so would pre-orders, so would a donate button (I wasn’t looking for anything else, I already backed)

Ufouria
    meister wrote:
    A shop would work, so would pre-orders, so would a
    donate button (I wasn’t looking for anything else, I already
    backed)

This. =)

There should realy be a way, that people can support YOU anytime with money. Even we/i dont get any reward, this should be possible somehow ?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

• Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 33
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 93