ok, so when are other OSes coming? - Facerig

Homepage Forum Planning FaceRIG Planning ok, so when are other OSes coming?

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  facerig 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

gartral
    Participant

yes I *KNOW* you said “We’re targeting windows first” but seriously, when is OSX and Linux support coming? As an IGG Backer, I’m a bit dismayed that you’ve released several iterations of FR and seemingly skipped over development for other OSes. I backed this way back in 2014 and it’s been 5 years.. I’m a bit dismayed that there’s been little in the way of communications from Holobyte/The FaceRig team.

I fully understand that these things take time, but.. it’s starting to feel a bit ridiculous.

I sincerely hope that the team starts looking into this soon! I REALLY want to use your product!

mister
    Participant

i see a thread on this close in 2014 because “The devs are aware you all want it, and they will make it available when the time is right according to them.”… then a poll which asked users if they’d prefer a mobile or mac version and appear to have dropped the idea of developing for mac based on the result of that. “…the results were gravely inclined towards mobile.” the response “we’ll get back to porting Mac only if we see more interest in it from our fans” doesn’t give much hope as, after all, what kind of mac user is going to be a fan of this if it’s not available for the mac platform and what kind of windows user is going to be a fan of macOS?

facerig
    Keymaster

Hello, right now we’re developing a platform agnostic SDK that will allow any developer to add FaceRig powered avatar integration in their apps. Seeing as the development of this SDK is taking up the engineering bandwidth, other projects are put on hold for the moment.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

• Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 33
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 93