Official Actor Suggestion Thread! - Facerig

Homepage Forum Creating & Contributing FaceRIG Suggestion box Official Actor Suggestion Thread!

This topic contains 127 replies, has 59 voices, and was last updated by  Mooraragi 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 128 total)
  • Author

FurRiffic
    lastplace199 wrote:
    The only one I can think of that is furry is Fluffo. I think that he is a fox. Although a raccoon is a good idea for a character.

AlleyCat wrote:
    P.S. Fluffo is actually a red panda, not a raccoon 😛

Just pointing out a staff member already stated the species in the previous post 🙂

mpepea

+1 vote for big cats. Cheetahs and tigers and lions and (snow) leopards, oh my!

Void Singer

Not so much a character suggestion, but rather a class of characters… Partial transparency support? ghosts/spectres, gelatinous monsters, “invisible” characters (ie via backround warps or animated textures), etc… not sure it there’s native support in the rendering for that or not but I figure if I suggest it now, maybe it’ll be built with support in mind

ChazWolf

Otter ( still missing from the main list)
    Skunk
    Deer / reindeer

also what about robotic versions of the main ones?

TrueChaoS
    ChazWolf wrote:
    Skunk
    Deer / reindeer

I’m just updating the list whenever there’s a new page or so, so if it was suggested after the last update, it won’t be on there. Speaking of which… I’ll update it tomorrow, can’t be bothered right now xP

ChazWolf
    TrueChaoS wrote:
    ChazWolf wrote:

Skunk
    Deer / reindeer

I’m just updating the list whenever there’s a new page or so, so if it was suggested after the last update, it won’t be on there. Speaking of which… I’ll update it tomorrow, can’t be bothered right now xP[/quote]

Thats okay, just didn’t want it to get forgotten. 😉

TrueChaoS
    ChazWolf wrote:
    Thats okay, just didn’t want it to get forgotten. 😉

I’d hope it won’t be forgotten, Otters are actually in my top ten xD

Sgt_Brony

How about from the brony fandom Earth pony, Pegasus, Unicorn and Alicorns and also their anthro version (like my avitar a unicorn with artificial wings)

GiantMouse
    Participant
    TrueChaoS wrote:

It is unlikely most suggestions will ever be made. The idea is to collect all the suggestions in one place instead of having people flood this section with a hundred threads for a hundred ideas :3

This gives Holotech a go-to place to see what people have suggested, and a place where modelers/animators can go to to see what people want and try to address those (there’s a certain amount of popularity to be gained by making what people want to see)

Nice Idea. Way to see what many people want 😀

AlleyCat wrote:

FaceRig will have an import feature and everybody will be able to import community made avatars. We’ll release official model packs as often as possible as well, but just as you said, we can’t make models to cover all the possibilities (at least not from the start).
    In time I’m sure the avatar library will grow to have all kinds of creatures, but it will take some time 🙂
    Also, don’t forget we’re planning to have a character creator where you’ll be able to change the size of nose, eyes, ears, etc so you’ll be able to customize your avatar pretty easy + the accessories which mean that you can get for example from a normal wolf model maybe a demon pirate doggy (yes, I know, it’s a strange example 😛 )

Nice! It be great if you can get good amount of popular avatars out when FaceRig comes. 😀

AlleyCat wrote:

P.S. Fluffo is actually a red panda, not a raccoon 😛

Sorry, I guess I was mistaken to think he was a raccoon. I think Pandas seem to have similarities to raccoons 😆
    I may like to use those nice controls in FaceRig to change Fluffo to look like a raccoon when I get him 😀

Xyphien
    Participant

I’d love to see a phoenix added into it. With background flames that move and flicker along with your movement. I’m a huge phoenix person (Hints the logo, and my tattoo :D)

shopey464

I don’t know how easy it would be but maybe you could make a way for the community to make their own individual actor to use instead of certain ones. Everyone could make one exactly how they would want and there would be tons of diversity. It would make everyone feel that they/their character is unique. Even some way to be able to modify the preset actors would be just as good. Both would be just as good. Just some way to make them our own.

TrueChaoS
    shopey464 wrote:
    I don’t know how easy it would be but maybe you could make a way for the community to make their own individual actor to use instead of certain ones. Everyone could make one exactly how they would want and there would be tons of diversity. It would make everyone feel that they/their character is unique. Even some way to be able to modify the preset actors would be just as good. Both would be just as good. Just some way to make them our own.

Custom actors are already planned. In fact, Mihai actually gave a pretty good post on this subject, I’ll quote it for you below. Also, we will be able to modify pre-existing actors with sliders, retexturing, and so on :3

Mihai wrote:
    Hello everyone!

The file extensions needed for importing custom avatars will probably be:
    – fbx/dae for geometry, animation and fur info (where apliable)
    – tga for texture maps
    – xsl/py for optional configuration file

The fur system needs the following information (delivered via fbx/dae):
    – length
    – direction
    – density
    – shading information like color, specular, anisotropy etc

The avatars can have extra limbs, tentacles, exloding body/head parts, wings, multiple heads, can be covered in insects, flowing lava etc.
    The only restrictions are related to what is actualy tracked from the user and what can be rendered in real-time.

What it’s NOT driven by the expression tracker CAN be driven by:
    – simple animation loops
    – physics
    – a contextual behavior
    – user enabled commands.

boojumbunn
    Participant

Oh COOL! Lots of things support Dae and Collada… So I already have the tools I need to make my own avatars, should I want to.
    Boojum the brown bunny

TrueChaoS

List updated, details below.

Added:
    * Otters, Raccoon, Deer/Reindeer, Skunk, Phoenix, Puffer Fish, Transparent Characters, Robotic Characters
    * Reptile added to known list (was confirmed on old forum)

edit:
    Just added Falcon, and Fennec Fox (because I didn’t add it and they’re vastly different from standard foxes)

Falcon
    TrueChaoS wrote:
    List updated, details below.

Added:
    * Otters, Raccoon, Deer/Reindeer, Skunk, Phoenix, Puffer Fish,

Puffer fish.
    Puffer fish?

God damn. The birds get no love, yo! (phoenix are mythological birds so it’s not an intentional exclusion on my part)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

• Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 33
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 93