Official Actor Suggestion Thread! - Facerig

Homepage Forum Creating & Contributing FaceRIG Suggestion box Official Actor Suggestion Thread!

This topic contains 127 replies, has 59 voices, and was last updated by  Mooraragi 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 128 total)
  • Author

TrueChaoS

lastplace199

I’m hoping they make more reptilian actors. I really don’t know what I want exactly.

VVolfsong

Wolves, foxes and horses/ponies are all so popular animals that I’ll be extremely surprised if they don’t show up as official actors at some point.

Besides those obvious three, other animals I’d like to see would be otters, big cats (lions/tigers/leopards), dolphins and/or orcas, and a few different types of birds.

TrueChaoS
    lastplace199 wrote:
    I’m hoping they make more reptilian actors. I really don’t know what I want exactly.

I know on the last forum it was confirmed that they were going to make a reptile character.
    I’m mainly listing stuff we have visual confirmation of.

VVolfsong wrote:
    Wolves, foxes and horses/ponies are all so popular animals that I’ll be extremely surprised if they don’t show up as official actors at some point.

Besides those obvious three, other animals I’d like to see would be otters, big cats (lions/tigers/leopards), dolphins and/or orcas, and a few different types of birds.

I can confirm there will be a canine character, as I helped gather a bunch of example characters.
    But I’ve seen no visual confirmation of a character being worked on/designed, so it’s not listed yet.

As for the other stuff, I’ll add some common suggestions. (and agreed on Otters ^^ )

boojumbunn
    Participant

Let us not forget elves, orcs, dwarves, dark elves and such. There should be a representation of stock fantasy characters in addition to the furry characters.

TrueChaoS
    boojumbunn wrote:
    Let us not forget elves, orcs, dwarves, dark elves and such. There should be a representation of stock fantasy characters in addition to the furry characters.

Of course. When I initially typed this, it was only for animals, then I revised it but forgot to add the other common suggestions xD

boojumbunn
    Participant

*giggles* That’s ok.. I’m rather bunny obsessed myself so that is where my mind, and typing fingers, normally go to first. But if I’m honest, you could fill the entire production pipe with furry characters and not place a dent in demand by furries for their own particular species… but I think we need to remember the nonfurries who will also use the product.

So to go with the Genre backgrounds I suggested, I would think that characters from each book genre should also be included. There should be scifi characters (spaceman/woman), Cyberpunk characters, Scottish Highland characters, Old West characters (cowboy and saloon girl come to mind at first), Fantasy characters (warrior/warmaid/wizard/rogue/bard/knight), Romance characters (physical perfection), and all the rest.

Then add into this the Chibi versions for comedy. 😀 Chibi-Neko, Chibi-Bunny, Chibi-vampire, Chibi-wizard.

And finally, an assortment of ages. Not everyone wants to be a character in the prime of their life. It would be nice to see some older characters with wrinkles and such.

TrueChaoS

We already have an old guy on the roster, hehe.

I think most of the furry species will be handled by the community itself. The only ones that need to be done by Holotech are the major ones, like a fox (to quote Uncle Kage, “you can’t swing a dead cat in this fandom without hitting a fox”)

The chibi ones aren’t a bad idea, though. They’d definitely be cheaper to produce (or should be o-O ) due to the simple nature of them. They’d still need the skeleton support, sure, but the actual detailing end would be far, far easier.

AlleyCat

I want a puffer fish 😆

And btw I’m not sure chibi’s will be easier to produce. Even though they have fewer details in the 2D version, you can’t just translate that in 3D and expect them to look good. If you want to make expressions you need details on the characters and keeping the chibi style while still making it fit for facial expressions seems a challenge + given that a chibi’s body is sooo small we’d probably have to model it completely (because it will be visible) so that would take more time than modelling just the head and torso.

boojumbunn
    Participant

What would really be fun with Chibi is if the characters head changed size with the louder you are! Start shouting and git BIG head chibi!!!

GiantMouse
    Participant

For my name being a giant mouse 😆 I suggest rodents.

I do wonder with these suggestions if you are trying to get hundreds of avatar options in the program? I know from modeling and rigging my own characters in Maya it is a lot of work and time to create characters. Even with a community creating characters, will you put that many avatars in the FaceRig software when it releases or set it up that we can download the avatars we want? Just simple question from thinking on how many different animals there are to choose from and then adding on so many kinds of human avatars or fictional seems too many to count. Animals by themselves are a lot to ask. Would it ever be done? 😯

By the way the cute raccoon in FaceRig is a very well made character! I will be happy to use him when the program comes out 😀 Great work on whoever made the raccoon!
    I am so excited for it to come out!

boojumbunn wrote:
    So to go with the Genre backgrounds I suggested, I would think that characters from each book genre should also be included. There should be scifi characters (spaceman/woman), Cyberpunk characters, Scottish Highland characters, Old West characters (cowboy and saloon girl come to mind at first), Fantasy characters (warrior/warmaid/wizard/rogue/bard/knight), Romance characters (physical perfection), and all the rest.

I think in terms of genre, some of this might be workable via accessories rather than entirely new characters, no?

TrueChaoS
    GiantMouse wrote:

I do wonder with these suggestions if you are trying to get hundreds of avatar options in the program? I know from modeling and rigging my own characters in Maya it is a lot of work and time to create characters. Even with a community creating characters, will you put that many avatars in the FaceRig software when it releases or set it up that we can download the avatars we want? Just simple question from thinking on how many different animals there are to choose from and then adding on so many kinds of human avatars or fictional seems too many to count. Animals by themselves are a lot to ask. Would it ever be done? 😯

By the way the cute raccoon in FaceRig is a very well made character! I will be happy to use him when the program comes out 😀 Great work on whoever made the raccoon!

It is unlikely most suggestions will ever be made. The idea is to collect all the suggestions in one place instead of having people flood this section with a hundred threads for a hundred ideas :3

This gives Holotech a go-to place to see what people have suggested, and a place where modelers/animators can go to to see what people want and try to address those (there’s a certain amount of popularity to be gained by making what people want to see)

AlleyCat
    GiantMouse wrote:

FaceRig will have an import feature and everybody will be able to import community made avatars. We’ll release official model packs as often as possible as well, but just as you said, we can’t make models to cover all the possibilities (at least not from the start).
    In time I’m sure the avatar library will grow to have all kinds of creatures, but it will take some time 🙂
    Also, don’t forget we’re planning to have a character creator where you’ll be able to change the size of nose, eyes, ears, etc so you’ll be able to customize your avatar pretty easy + the accessories which mean that you can get for example from a normal wolf model maybe a demon pirate doggy (yes, I know, it’s a strange example 😛 )

P.S. Fluffo is actually a red panda, not a raccoon 😛

lastplace199
    GiantMouse wrote:

I don’t think there are any raccoon characters unless there is one I am missing. The only one I can think of that is furry is Fluffo. I think that he is a fox. Although a raccoon is a good idea for a character.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

• Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 33
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 93