August is here and we are nearing the public FaceRig Beta date! Here is a recap of how that is going to unfold, and more details about planned downtime of facerig.com (for security purposes)!
The FaceRig Program Beta Launch
Currently we estimate that we will send the Beta keys around the end of August, by e-mail to our Indiegogo backers. Who was not a backer will be able to simply pre-order on Steam, and will get access to the Beta. If anything comes up and that changes, we will make a new update and let everyone know.
Pre-orders didn’t go live in July on Steam because there were delays with the legal aspects (drafting the E.U.L.A. and sorting out matters with Steam reps). Now the EULA has been finalized, and we are only waiting for Steam’s okay on a few matters to proceed.
The FaceRig.com Website
The facerig.com website went through a server upgrade process last week. In that process a few matters got broken. TeamWEB (our web dev contractors in charge of this upgrade) will work to fix them in the following week.
Unfortunately We will have some extra website downtime Monday and Tuesday as TeamWeb takes the necessary steps to re-acquire SSL certification for the facerig.com domain. The e-mails that you send to [email protected] during the downtime will most likely not reach us so please send your messages either before or after the downtime. Or just use the social channels such as IGG messaging, FaceBook, G+ or YouTube.
We needed to upgrade the server to ensure that the website can handle a higher load, as there are bound to be a lot of support-related requests after the Beta launch.
Lately we’ve been working on the slider based avatar and background customization system (also with avatar accessories).
Another matter that’s been taking a lot of our effort is the avatar import pipeline.