Max Headroom - Facerig

Homepage Forum Community FaceRIG General Discussion Max Headroom

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Critical 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Woulfe

If your someone who’s older like me FaceRig reminds me of Max Headroom, if you don’t know who Max Headroom is, here’s a sample

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KUEQ4nWv7Y

Because of this I have some backgrounds for the program to use, if it’s possible to put them behind the avatars & have them spin, tilt, etc….

[attachment=0]Lines.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]Grid.jpg[/attachment]

Granted I have no idea if it can be done or not, but here they are just in case

– Woulfe –

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

faceriguser

Not sure if this is the best section to post this in, and I hope the moderators that we chose who keeps things in check will forgive my trespassing but I will reply here :P.
    I’ve Inquired about getting the rights to Max Headroom with Channel 4 ( the original owners) quite a while back and this is what I got so far :

”channel4″ wrote:
    Thank you for contacting Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries regarding MAX HEADROOM

Unfortunately Channel 4 has not held the rights for Max Headroom since 1990 and do not have any definite information on who currently does, but it may be useful to contact the ABC Network as they may have more information about the programme.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us here at Channel 4 and for your interest in our programming.

Regards,
    Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries

I’ve sent quite a few mails to ABC network but I hit a wall (noone would reply there)

Further along the line we should be able to have spinning cube backgrounds, no problem there but first we need to figure out who to ask for permission from :).

edited by facerig

Woulfe

Spinning Cubes

Only thing I can think of that has spinning cubes / morphing grid lines is After Dark [tm] an old screen saver from about the same time period

After Dark [tm] was made by Berkeley Systems who are long gone due to the fact no one uses CRT computer screens in this day & age

The main reason Screen Savers were invented back then was to prevent screen burn in on the old CRT screens

So as far as that goes the cubes, hexes, lines, whatever have you that spin / morph or whatever aren’t owned by anyone

Microsoft’s own screen saver is just a Windows font that does all that sorta thing, doubt anyone uses it tho’

– Woulfe –

Urudezu

According to Wikipedia:
    “The rights to the Max Headroom character are currently[when?] held by All3Media.[4]”
    Further wiki info:
    “On 8 May 2014, it was announced that Discovery Communications and Liberty Global would acquire All3Media, in a 50:50 joint venture.[2] The deal is subject to regulatory approval and is expected to close in the third quarter of 2014.”

faceriguser

The good news is that all3media at least replied to our e-mails, so keep your fingers crossed we may yet see an official Max in FaceRig :).

Woulfe

Well, I wasn’t sure if you guys could get him or not, I was thinking we’d get a “knock-off” of him

Was more interested in getting the weird backgrounds behind him to use behind the other avatars FaceRig has allready

😉

But, if you are able to make a clone of him, that’s cool too

– Woulfe –

faceriguser

Well those backgrounds without Max would just feel.. wrong :). Like a hamburger without anything between the buns :).

Woulfe

The Woulfe Pack – Screen Test – Fall 2014

Maxx Headache – Internet Killed The Video Star

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyPDoQoUNds&list=UU54oZgW3mdFWwmpf4VNnnEQ

😉

Woulfe

After a lot of poking around on Steam…..

[attachment=0]Maxx Headache With Grid.jpg[/attachment]

I give you all Maxx Headache….

As in it gave me one figuring this all out….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

I’m glad I searched the forums before hand, as Max Headroom was the first thing I thought of when it comes to Facerig. That and Ghost in the Shell.

Woulfe

I’ve been playing around w/ the 3D backgrounds option on FaceRig & will post a pic on progress w/ it soon, having too much fun just playing around w/ the program itself 😉

faceriguser

We actually got an answer from the legal owners of Max headroom, and they say they are not interested in licensing him out at all as they have plans with Max (wouldn’t go into details what those plans are).

Woulfe

Took ’em awhile, eh ?

Oh well, we still have these user made Backgrounds I did for FaceRig in MS paint 😉

So it’s not a total loss

bluepawwolf
    sergeant.dutch wrote:
    I’m glad I searched the forums before hand, as Max Headroom was the first thing I thought of when it comes to Facerig. That and Ghost in the Shell.

ghost in the shell would be kinda awesome.
    like the Tachikomas or the stand alone complex hacker smiley.

Hivoltage

As a Gamer and developer. Making Max Headroom like background should not be an issue.
    Using his likeness and not making money is how a lot of Star Wars fans go. Perhaps we can go another route. I have some ideas but do not want to divulge them until I can lock down as the originator of the idea. 🙂
    I will see what I can dig up on creating those quirky line patterns in some of the tools I have. (Will take a while as I have other projects going on and cannot dedicate a lot of time.)
    I am new to Facerig but I have created game models and use several applications such as Zbrush and Maya.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

• Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 33
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 93