MacOS version? - Facerig

This topic contains 18 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  DeeJayDragon 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Carmi
    Participant

It has been a while since we have heard about FaceRig for MacOS. I am still sitting on my keys waiting for that, and I am curious if there is any update?

facerig
    Keymaster

Hello,
    Right now we are working on other projects and we’ll get back to porting Mac only if we see more interest in it from our fans. We had a community poll a while back to see what our users preferred more between Mobile or Mac, and the results were gravely inclined towards mobile.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  facerig.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  facerig.

Louis
    Participant

I am also finding any positive knowledge that facerig is suitable for mac or not.

DeeJayDragon
    Participant

Whether there is enough interest in it from fans is irrelevant. A Mac version was promised in the Indiegogo campaign, and as such should be delivered, as people will have backed the campaign on that basis (myself included). That poll is also at least a year old, if I recall correctly, and the mobile version has already been produced.

Loki
    Participant

Looking for facerig for mac to use with perception neuron which is macos ready. Shame to see you decided not to port to mac.

facerig
    Keymaster

Hello, Loki; we’re still busy with other projects and as soon as we can, we’ll direct our attention to the MacOS version 🙂

Anton
    Participant

Everyone has been waiting for the MacOS version for at least a year. Many people such as myself want it to be ported over. Excuse me if I’m wrong but I do believe that more people are waiting for MacOS than any other version. I do think that you should bring your attention to building/coding a version for MacOS than making different skins and “transformations” for other versions.

Diana
    Participant

Any update guys?

Terror Rage
    Participant

I also have been waiting for the mac version and was wondering if it is in the pipeline to be developed.
    Thank you for all the work you have put into face rig, its a great program.
    All the Best,
    Brian

Carmi
    Participant

It has been 9 months. Any update? As one of only 18 Face Rig Forever backers, I am disappointed that I have still not received any value from my contribution 3 years later.

Megan
    Participant

Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger

It was the most stable feeling overall because it was the longest-lived.

Fast to run and start and still very good looking with a strong Aqua appearance while divesting the pinstripes mostly.

It was a great time where hardware and software were well-aligned.

(except iDVD which was pretty stinky if you didn’t have a G5 iMac)

Smart phones didn’t exist and Dashboard widgets were pretty useful.

Carmi
    Participant

No response at all? Very disappointing.

mister
    Participant

re: the response
    “Hello,
    Right now we are working on other projects and we’ll get back to porting Mac only if we see more interest in it from our fans. We had a community poll a while back to see what our users preferred more between Mobile or Mac, and the results were gravely inclined towards mobile.”

is that surprising? there really was no point in even publishing a poll if those are the options, in future if you’re inclined to take time thinking about or doing this kind of thing just ask me and i’ll tell you.

here’s something to consider. my dad has a mobile phone, my sister has a mobile phone, my nan has a mobile phone… in-fact i’d find it har to name anyone in my entire family that doesn’t have a mobile phone, and my parents have about 12 siblings. i’m the only person i know in my family that owns a mac.

another thing to consider, what are the people using facerig for? might seem like an idiot question but i’m asking because the answer comes from a place of not just knowledge but a lot of people “feeling” and being told things about products by people that perhaps should know better. have you heard of targeted advertising?

i could talk about the propensity of mac users to just use a pc emulator to navigate the turgid waters of compatibility rather than wait indefinitely or purchase a pc.

while i feel these things should be recognised it really doesn’t matter much, at the end of the day, if someone says they’re going to do something, even promises to do said thing isn’t it a bit rude to ask them to do the thing.
    feeling it kinda like the kids in the back seat constantly asking if we’re there yet?
    then after several miles you may tell the kids the destination may have changed, we’re probably no longer going to Legoland but Hooters is definitely on the list.

+ seriously? 3 years? i think someone should be paid interest on their “investment”

aaanyway, not even nearly all said and done, i’m putting my hand up to say i’d like a mac version.

MMM
    Participant

Also waiting on a Mac Version.

Note to company: Of course your poll showed little interest in a mac version; your current userbase is Windows. Your data is skewed. Poll a Mac Community and you’ll see much larger interest.

Amelia
    Participant

🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

• Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 33
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 93