Licensed avatars - Facerig

Homepage Forum Community FaceRIG News Licensed avatars

This topic contains 91 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  malisa 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #55456

    Talonsaurn
    Member

    Well I know there is no chance at being able to get this, But another thing I’d love to see is Totoro’s from the classic Ghibli film…

    #55457

    K_Fox
    Member
    TrueChaoS wrote:
    redscooter wrote:

    Interesting, you might want to take a look at the cast of a new summer blockbuster just out – the movie is called Guardians of the Galaxy, Take a look especially at Rocket Raccoon.

    Moved here due to being in the wrong thread.

    I just want to quote this, as I wholeheartedly agree with it – a ‘proper’ Rocket avatar would be awesome!! Failing that, I do fully expect that someone (or many someones) will make versions of him to use, but I’d really love (and pay for) a real licensed version…though I wonder how much Marvel/Disney would want, if they’d even be willing to allow it. Hmm….

    K Fox

    #55458

    TrueChaoS
    Member
    K_Fox wrote:
    I just want to quote this, as I wholeheartedly agree with it – a ‘proper’ Rocket avatar would be awesome!! Failing that, I do fully expect that someone (or many someones) will make versions of him to use, but I’d really love (and pay for) a real licensed version…though I wonder how much Marvel/Disney would want, if they’d even be willing to allow it. Hmm….

    K Fox

    Every corporation has their breaking point – throw enough money at them and eventually they’ll say yes.
    Question is, is it even remotely close to a reasonable amount for Holotech? xD
    Part of me expects them to want way too much >>

    #55459

    K_Fox
    Member
    TrueChaoS wrote:
    K_Fox wrote:

    I just want to quote this, as I wholeheartedly agree with it – a ‘proper’ Rocket avatar would be awesome!! Failing that, I do fully expect that someone (or many someones) will make versions of him to use, but I’d really love (and pay for) a real licensed version…though I wonder how much Marvel/Disney would want, if they’d even be willing to allow it. Hmm….

    K Fox

    Every corporation has their breaking point – throw enough money at them and eventually they’ll say yes.
    Question is, is it even remotely close to a reasonable amount for Holotech? xD
    Part of me expects them to want way too much >>

    Yeah, this is my concern also. I expect the royalties for using Marvel property will be cripplingly expensive. Sad, but I will also say that until someone asks, we’ll never know.

    I mean, who knows – maybe Disney/Marvel would look at it as cheap advertising, and let it happen – perhaps to celebrate the release of the GotG DVD, or maybe not until nearer the release of the 2nd movie. Either way, it could happen, so I do think someone should at least check into it. Here’s to hoping for decency…

    K Fox

    #55460

    faceriguser
    Member

    I for one want Groot :D. I may be biased because I know we could also do the [minor spoiler warning stop reading if you haven’t seen the movie ] little spore/firefiles thingies and it would look kick-ass 🙂 [end spoiler warning]

    If we have a large user base and the user-base starts signaling to Disney that this is a thing people want, then we may have a solid footing to ask for a special licensing deal.

    But first let’s get the program out there 🙂

    edited by facerig

    #55461

    TrueChaoS
    Member
    ”facerig” wrote:
    I for one want Groot :D. I may be biased because I know we could also do the [minor spoiler warning stop reading if you haven’t seen the movie ] little spore/firefiles thingies and it would look kick-ass 🙂 [end spoiler warning]

    If we have a large user base and the user-base starts signaling to Disney that this is a thing people want, then we may have a solid footing to ask for a special licensing deal.

    But first let’s get the program out there 🙂

    edited by facerig

    Gotta agree with you actually. I just saw the movie tonight and either Rocket OR Groot would be great. Though, having Groot talk normally may be a little weird to get used to x3

    #55462

    K_Fox
    Member
    TrueChaoS wrote:
    Gotta agree with you actually. I just saw the movie tonight and either Rocket OR Groot would be great. Though, having Groot talk normally may be a little weird to get used to x3

    Bah, t’is a simple thing! Just always say ‘I am Groot’ and everything will always be kosher! 😛

    But seriously, it actually is possible to effectively communicate with only a single word or phrase. I ended up doing this on night a long time ago with someone I worked with – we spent the whole night communicating with ‘dude’ as the only word spoken. Attempting to translate this into type simply doesn’t work, as it’s all in the inflection and body language, but I will tell you – it did work. We both were able to get our points across to one another with simple pointing and ‘dude’ing, with occasionally strong emphasis and body language as needed. So being Groot is a do-able thing, if you’re speaking with someone perceptive enough to read/hear it…

    K Fox (that was soooo long ago now, but I can still remember that night…so funny)

    #55463

    Borderlands would be pretty interesting, but they’re not indie, so maybe not.
    Maybe try Mojang for Steve? They’re pretty big, but they’re still an indie dev at heart.
    Valve could easily get on this, I can imagine a Gordon Freeman and Chell avatar already,
    A Goat from Goat simulator, maybe? lots of fans for that game
    One of the characters from Skullgirls, Peacock would be AMAZING as an avatar XD
    Super Meat Boy? *shrug*
    just a few, off the top of my head. This is awesome, and you’re awesome.

    #55464

    AlleyCat
    Member
    KillerDragon wrote:
    I would love to have the faces of the gargoyles from the TV show Gargoyles. Other faces can also be made from that style too.

    Copy pasted from another thread

    #55465

    jesmag69
    Participant

    you should ask the indie developer of Five nights at Freddy’s to use the animatronics as models. That would really scare my friends 😈

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #55467
    jesmag69 wrote:
    you should ask the indie developer of Five nights at Freddy’s to use the animatronics as models. That would really scare my friends 😈

    I both agree and disagree with this. I agree because they would be interesting characters to create but I disagree because (at the moment) it would just seem like we are just hopping on the bandwagon (which isn’t altogether bad. I just don’t usually approve of bandwagons…)

    #55468

    TrueChaoS
    Member
    dragonwingeddestroyer wrote:
    I both agree and disagree with this. I agree because they would be interesting characters to create but I disagree because (at the moment) it would just seem like we are just hopping on the bandwagon (which isn’t altogether bad. I just don’t usually approve of bandwagons…)

    Pretty much my opinion on the matter.

    Though, I’ll be honest.. when I first saw this, I thought of FaceRig xD
    Having at least Freddy Fazbear in it would be good imo.
    And while it essentially is jumping on a bandwagon, I think he’d fit in well.
    We need more “scary” characters xP

    #55469

    Werehog
    Member
    TrueChaoS wrote:
    dragonwingeddestroyer wrote:

    I both agree and disagree with this. I agree because they would be interesting characters to create but I disagree because (at the moment) it would just seem like we are just hopping on the bandwagon (which isn’t altogether bad. I just don’t usually approve of bandwagons…)

    Pretty much my opinion on the matter.

    Though, I’ll be honest.. when I first saw this, I thought of FaceRig xD
    Having at least Freddy Fazbear in it would be good imo.
    And while it essentially is jumping on a bandwagon, I think he’d fit in well.
    We need more “scary” characters xP[/quote]

    For some strange reason when you said more scary characters the Sunflower from Plants VS Zombies was the first thing to come to mind.

    #55470

    If yer wanting a scare-character. Then you’d need something like the lady from P.T. or Clock Tower series. A ghost that, whilst the ghost is translucent, make it so the avatar freakishly shakes/glitches, visual tears or the like and invades the entirety of the webcams screen output ;O

    Links lead to scary content (you have been warned):
    http://giant.gfycat.com/UnkemptPlaintiveBubblefish.gif
    http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/wqQ2fotBO5I/0.jpg
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/tfC2ZNs1ToY/hqdefault.jpg
    edited by AlleyCat

    #55471
    TrueChaoS wrote:
    Though, I’ll be honest.. when I first saw this, I thought of FaceRig xD
    Having at least Freddy Fazbear in it would be good imo.
    And while it essentially is jumping on a bandwagon, I think he’d fit in well.
    We need more “scary” characters xP

    I wholly agree with this. They would be good characters to include in FaceRig but if it was to be released right now it would seem we are hopping on the bandwagon. Then again… It is possible that (I always say this about bandwagon games) Five nights at Freddy’s would only stay popular for as long as the bandwagon exists. I’m all for an avatar from the game, just when the bandwagon settles down a bit.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.


Privacy Preference Center

  • Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 33
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 93