Licensed avatars - Facerig

Homepage Forum Community FaceRIG News Licensed avatars

This topic contains 91 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  malisa 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)
  • Author

AlleyCat

Hi guys,

There’s been a lot of talk about how awesome it would be to have licensed avatars and we’ve even received some suggestions from you guys so we’re doing some research and sending some e-mails to see who’d be interested in collaborating with us (mainly we’re focusing on game companies right now).
    We think the best course of action at this point is to talk first with indie studios. This being said, do you guys have any suggestions? Any indie games that you love and you’d like to see the characters in FaceRig?

**If possible when you make a suggestion please also add the link to the company/game that you bring up**

Hope everybody is having an awesome day!

Black Blade

Well i am not really so much high on it 😆 but i know many really like TF2 and the Source games… and Valve seem to be in some what happy to do that.. so i think it may be a good idea:
    http://www.valvesoftware.com/contact/

I my self will love to see a Minecraft avatar XD :
    https://help.mojang.com/customer/portal/emails/new?ref=footer

And also Hidden: Source:
    http://www.hidden-source.com/

You may wanted only one.. but i was just seen it look a little empty so.. 😀

Any way cant wait for FaceRig

AlleyCat

No, no, the more suggestions the better 🙂
    The ones I’ve been looking at today are:
    Don’t Starve from Klei Entertainment [/url] (I love the art style)
    Machinarium from Amanita Design
    Starbound from Chucklefish [/url]
    and of course Minecraft from Mojang [/url]

Atrius97

Ooooo… Starbound. Shiny.

That would be awesome if you guys started collaborating with Chucklefish.
    The staff and dev team are always talking in their IRC to players, and I bet they would love to talk with you guys.

Dust an Elysian Tail is indie I think…I believe Microsoft has it licensed. Dust & Fidget would be awesome official avatars.

A non-indie one I’d die to see would be Ratchet & Clank (licensed by Playstation aka Sony Computer Entertainment) Aside from the main characters, there’s plenty of interesting alien species that’d make for great avatars.

TrueChaoS
    shadowraidtech wrote:
    Dust an Elysian Tail is indie I think…I believe Microsoft has it licensed. Dust & Fidget would be awesome official avatars.

All of my yes o-o.. didn’t even think of that.

I know Microsoft published the game, so I’m not sure where one would start with making this happen, though.

Calypso

Kerbals. I want to see rigged kerbals from kerbal space program.

TubeDog
    shadowraidtech wrote:

A non-indie one I’d die to see would be Ratchet & Clank (licensed by Playstation aka Sony Computer Entertainment) Aside from the main characters, there’s plenty of interesting alien species that’d make for great avatars.

Yeah Dust! Yeah Rachet! :DDD my favorites :3

Not indie but I suggest Sly Cooper from the Sly Cooper series 🙂 (also in my favorites this is the top 3 games for me :3 )
    Sucker Punch[/url] and Sanzaru Games[/url] made the game and published by Sony[/url]

There is a HD image from the upcoming movie (because this represents at the best how looks like his head in HD :p)

AlleyCat

I really don’t think Sly Cooper/Ratchet & Clank avatars are an option right now unfortunately.
    On the other hand, with Dust and the Kerbals we might have a better chance. I’m going to do some research on them and drop the devs a line. Fingers crossed 🙂

TrueChaoS

Understandable :3
    Hopefully you have some success with Dust and KSP ^^

Side note, any progress with contacting the Super Meat Boy devs?

AlleyCat
    TrueChaoS wrote:
    Understandable :3
    Hopefully you have some success with Dust and KSP ^^

Side note, any progress with contacting the Super Meat Boy devs?

Sent them an e-mail on Thursday. Hope it doesn’t get lost in the zounds of mails they receive daily.

MagpieMaydin

I’m not sure Cut the Rope is really “indie” enough But an Omnom would be a real challenge and amazing! http://www.cuttherope.net/

lastplace199

When I think of indie I think of Super Meat Boy, Trine 2, and Sanctum

Oblivion35

I just saw the video of the fan-made avatar for Elise from League of Legends. It was fantastically done and I’d like to see more of them, I wonder if Riot Games would do that.

Also, Minecraft avatars already have a certain layout for skinning. Is it possible to just take that skin, blow it up, and apply that to a blocky avatar? It seems simple in my mind haha.

Also, on the subject of liscensed avatars, I’m assuming that altering them is not allowed? Would the slider bars be disabled for these avatars?

TrueChaoS
    Oblivion35 wrote:
    Also, Minecraft avatars already have a certain layout for skinning. Is it possible to just take that skin, blow it up, and apply that to a blocky avatar? It seems simple in my mind haha.

Also, on the subject of liscensed avatars, I’m assuming that altering them is not allowed? Would the slider bars be disabled for these avatars?

Regarding Minecraft, I’ve addressed this in another thread:

TrueChaoS wrote:
    As for your second idea: It is easy on paper, unless you know how facerig works. It would be kind of useless unless you made the textures or even the model itself change with your expression and facial movements, which would still require the model to be rigged up correctly. And because of the different minecraft skin styles, this could result in eyes and mouths being out of alignment with how the model is rigged.

As for your last questions: That is a good question. I guess it all comes down to the people who own the rights to the characters. Some would be happy to have that feature, others would be strictly against it. So it all comes down to the individual cases, I suppose.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

• Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 33
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 93