Hall of Fame - Facerig

Homepage Forum Community FaceRIG News Hall of Fame

This topic contains 24 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  AlleyCat 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #55363

    AlleyCat
    Member

    ‘ey everybody! 🙂

    The Hall of Fame is up and you can find it here: Hall Of Fame (or you can access it from Links -> General Links)

    How it works:
    1. It doesn’t automatically update when you make the account (that’s why there might be some delays on when your name will appear there).
    2. The funder badges and Hall Of Fame are linked so your name will appear in the Hall Of Fame only if you have a badge activated (that means that after I run the badges script and enable your badges, you’ll have to actually activate them from My Profile in order for your name to appear in the Hall Of Fame. After you activate the badge I’ll have to run the script again in order for the Hof to update).
    3. For the users that have more than one contribution you’ll need to activate all your badges if you want them to appear in the Hall of Fame.

    If you still don’t appear in the Hall of Fame after activating your badge please send me a PM and we’ll investigate the issue 🙂

    The reason why we went with this option for Hall of Fame is that just like for the badges, some users might not want to appear there and by using this method everybody is in control of what information they want to make public. 🙂

    Hope everybody is having an awesome day,
    AlleyCat 😀

    edited by AlleyCat

    #55365

    Falcon
    Member

    Just to have a clear understanding, should I activate my badge (thus appearing in the Hof) and the deactivate it, will I still remain shown on the HoF list?

    Explain it to me like I’m stupid, yo. ;>

    #55366

    TrueChaoS
    Member
    Falcon wrote:
    Just to have a clear understanding, should I activate my badge (thus appearing in the Hof) and the deactivate it, will I still remain shown on the HoF list?

    Explain it to me like I’m stupid, yo. ;>

    It doesn’t seem to update instantly, so I assume it just updates to what you currently have on when Alley runs the script. I would like to have these permanent, rather than tied to what badges I have. It should just be tied to what badges an account has available to them, not what they have active.

    #55367

    AlleyCat
    Member

    Indeed it updates every time I run the script so if you activate the badge and then deactivate it, you won’t appear in the HoF anymore.

    @Chaos: What do we do with the users that don’t want to be in the HoF or want to show just one or two badges? Updating based on the activated badges seems the best choice as it gives the users the most control over what info they want to make public.

    #55368

    TrueChaoS
    Member
    AlleyCat wrote:
    Indeed it updates every time I run the script so if you activate the badge and then deactivate it, you won’t appear in the HoF anymore.

    @Chaos: What do we do with the users that don’t want to be in the HoF or want to show just one or two badges? Updating based on the activated badges seems the best choice as it gives the users the most control over what info they want to make public.

    That is true, but also gives us the exact opposite issue. People who don’t want to have all of their badges under their name for various reasons (like myself, in this case, I don’t want it stretching the bar down further, or having two almost identical badges there), have to deal with not having it shown in the hall of fame. Maybe a future fix would be to have an extra option for people to opt out of having specific badges shown in the Hall of Fame, and having it separate from what we display?

    #55369

    AlleyCat
    Member
    TrueChaoS wrote:
    That is true, but also gives us the exact opposite issue. People who don’t want to have all of their badges under their name for various reasons (like myself, in this case, I don’t want it stretching the bar down further, or having two almost identical badges there), have to deal with not having it shown in the hall of fame. Maybe a future fix would be to have an extra option for people to opt out of having specific badges shown in the Hall of Fame, and having it separate from what we display?

    Yeah, I was thinking of something similar. I’ll look into it and see if we can have something like this.

    #55370

    aziz153
    Member

    I went to my profile and put my name in the contributor bar and saved. But i have not seen my name pop up on the HOF. what should i do?

    #55371

    AlleyCat
    Member
    aziz153 wrote:
    I went to my profile and put my name in the contributor bar and saved. But i have not seen my name pop up on the HOF. what should i do?

    The HoF is linked to the forum badges so if you don’t have your badge showing on the forum, your name doesn’t appear in the HoF. I’ve sent you a PM regarding your badge. Once we get that working you’ll also appear in the HoF. 🙂

    #55372

    Abandon
    Participant

    My Name didnt show up, i e-mailed and got response but nothing changed.
    Best Abandon

    #55373

    Timmyfox
    Participant

    I added my contributor email and all but I don’t see the badge in my profile settings.

    EDIT: Fixed

    #55374

    Abandon
    Participant

    scoll up then click on “My profile” and there you go to “Edit Profile” then checkmark the boxes you want to show. Click on submit. Thats it .
    Best Abandon

    #55375

    cheshire
    Participant

    I’m not there D=

    email confirmed btw

    #55376

    TrueChaoS
    Member
    cheshire wrote:
    I’m not there D=

    email confirmed btw

    AlleyCat wrote:
    2. The funder badges and Hall Of Fame are linked so your name will appear in the Hall Of Fame only if you have a badge activated (that means that after I run the badges script and enable your badges, you’ll have to actually activate them from My Profile in order for your name to appear in the Hall Of Fame. After you activate the badge I’ll have to run the script again in order for the Hof to update).

    #55377

    cheshire
    Participant

    But in My Account, Edit Settings doesn’t appears nothing to activate it D=

    #55378

    FurRiffic
    Member

    Not in “my account” but in “my profile” (just below the search box)

    Try this link: http://www.facerig.com/index.php/forum/profiles/edit/u160

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.


Privacy Preference Center

  • Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 33
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 93