Fluffy Cat - feedback - Facerig

This topic contains 13 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  AutumnFox 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

AlleyCat

Please give feedback here regarding the Fluffy Cat avatar (good or bad, all is welcomed). Screen-shots attached with the avatar in different poses:

edited by facerig

FurRiffic

That second part is one hell of an devil-cat 😈

Also, that last pic is cute

lastplace199

It’s all happy and evil at the same time, LOVE IT! 😀

TrueChaoS

In general, it’s a great model.

My one major issue with it is the whiskers, however.
    I don’t think I need to explain why, but they really need to be more subtle than that

Zoen
    TrueChaoS wrote:
    I don’t think I need to explain why, but they really need to be more subtle than that

I agree.

umbraetmors
    TrueChaoS wrote:

Zoen wrote:
    I agree.

So do I, they seem really unnatural.

Phillip
    Participant

The cat model looks amazing, though I agree with the other that if I had to point out one thing it would be that the whiskers stand out just a bit too much, maybe make them smaller? thinner? a lighter colour? I don’t know.

Cataku
    TrueChaoS wrote:

Yup, agreed.
    But otherwise, cute cute cute!
    So fluffy.
    Will it be possible to customize the colours?

TrueChaoS
    Cataku wrote:
    Yup, agreed.
    But otherwise, cute cute cute!
    So fluffy.
    Will it be possible to customize the colours?

Of course xP

There was a dev video showing retexures for Fluffo and the Lizard-Demon-Thing, so you’ll definitely be able to do the same here.

faceriguser

Copy/pasterino from YouTube:

Orenotter
    Just one thing I would change about this. When a cat raises his upper lip, the motion starts at the nose bridge. The whiskers should angle up when the cat is smiling and down when she’s frowning. Yeah… it took me this long to figure out what was off about her.

Cataku
    TrueChaoS wrote:
    There was a dev video showing retexures for Fluffo and the Lizard-Demon-Thing, so you’ll definitely be able to do the same here.

Awesome! 😀

Avereth

I think part of the issue with the whiskers is that they might be taking the lighting and showing it too brightly, and also they need to react to the background being used better as they look as if they are using the same lighting regardless of background.

SpiritD

The thing that I noticed is that the cartilage on the ears looks a bit off, the cat has a bit smaller/less thick ones making it ears more see through and when the light passes through it looks more natural cause they are rather thin. These ones here look a bit ruff cut, not rounded off on the edges of the ears ( the tip especially) . http://prntscr.com/3xmgtc

http://www.molevalleyfarmers.com/cms-webapp/userfiles/image/1363477_67849258.jpg
    http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/636/ekz5.jpg

AutumnFox

I would say the face looks a tad too small in relation to the head (though I’m aware they have thick cheek fluff), the firework-style whiskers have been covered by basically everyone here but I thought I’d mention them because they look kinda funny (just imagining them streaming off like fireworks along with the whistle sound, that should totally be an accessory or something 😀 ).

The over-thick/small ears were covered well by SpiritD so no need for extra comment there, I’d say the dark flicks on the eyes make them unnecessarily evil looking, even without the super thin pupils (in fact if you cover the flicks on the 2nd most evil-looking picture (blue background) you’ll see that they become a lot less evil-looking 😛 )

At the moment I can’t think of any issues other than those, and it’s generally a very cute character :3

Edit: Actually, is this meant to be a kitten or a fully grown (or possibly juvenile) cat as the title suggests? If it’s the former, then the ears are about the right size, otherwise yeah the face and ears should be bigger.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

• Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 33
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 93