FaceRig and Blender - Facerig

Homepage Forum Community New Users FaceRig and Blender

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  facerig 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Kent
    Participant

Hi i have been driving myself crazy trying to get an avatar to import from blender. I can bring the ChiBiBorg and YeXample both into blender and edit and upload and everything i fine. I used the ChiBiBorg as a template and created a new skin so the size and orientation is all good and it import fine until you rig the bone structure to the meshes then it imports and says success but the model is stretched out like plastic man trying to hold back a couple of run away cars. You can see that it is still picking up head movement and such but stretched way out. I have the animation for the idle1 made from the resting position of the avatar armature and the mouth and tongue base but nothing is helping please what am i missing… There is some differences between the two sample like the ChibiBorg does not seem to contain an animation in the idle.dae file just armature with meshes striped……… Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to post a how to for blender user on youtube letting them know how to get around the problems i have had but need to complete it first…

facerig
    Keymaster

Hello, please send your model to artsupport[at]holotech[dot]eu so our artists can take a look at it.

Kent
    Participant

Hey guys I appreciate you taking time to help me out I know you are busy but any help is greatly appreciated. I will try and help you out by posting
    a YouTube video that answers hopefully all questions posed by people importing from Blender to FaceRig including a template that will setup the default
    orientation of the axis orientation and any other questions i have seen on line on importing from blender.

I have emailed the model in to you… I think the only thing different is the way i do the eyes with an upper and lower eyelid mounted as solid objects
    that rotate around the eye because it sticks out a bit…… It is in Collada format please let me know if you need any other information..

Keep on laughing and have fun…
    Kent B that’s me 🙂

Kent
    Participant

Ok I just found this address after searching the Forum again. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=523433759
    It describes exactly what is needed in the exported collada animation it comes in without eyes but all bones are there and
    there is no movement but i understand that i need more of the base animations to get full movement. At least there is progress….

Kent
    Participant

I have gotten past the worst of it an now am working on the animations so i don’t think there is a problem with the model. Most of it was importer and blender problems. Some were bugs some were usage etc…. I will let you know how it turns out. I did document everything so i can help other people having the same problems i will post you the YouTube page when i am done.

I worked for a CAD/CAM company for awhile doing software testing installing and training. I have don a lot of beta testing for games and software even written some of my own. So if you are interested in a beta tester I think I could be of some help as i have detailed notes on the importer and FaceRig things like documentation on what it means when you get a certain error and how to fix it.

Attached is a screen shot of how it looks so far.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Naresh
    Participant

Hi Kent,

Did you got any success in importing the chracter in facerig from blender.

I am also trying the same thing and import succeed but there are some warning pop up and it crashes the facerig.

also while importing there is one error which always pop up ( in the attachements )

I will appriciate if you can advice me foe this.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

facerig
    Keymaster

Hello, Naresh, we’ve replied to your e-mail with a few suggestions and indications that we hope will help you out. If you’ve any more questions, don’t hesitate to reply back to the e-mail.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

• Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 33
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 93