Elise fanart model - Backer opinion? - Facerig

Homepage Forum Backers Only Section Backers Only General Discussions Elise fanart model – Backer opinion?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  FurRiffic 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

faceriguser

Hello good folks.

Collaborating artists have created an Elise fanart model and we have put it through Facerig Alpha and posted it on our unofficial channel here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c42rfyASw98&feature=youtu.b . More about it on the disclaimer from the video.

Right now it is unlisted.
    What is your gut feeling, should we go public with this ?

I’m not making a poll since I am also interested in reasons 😀

Edit by TrueChaoS
    Here’s a link to the public video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYvfILAowWk

edited by TrueChaoS

TrueChaoS

Mmmm… This could be a real mine field, honestly.

Unless you can outright guarantee something like this will be in the program and ready to go, it’d be foolish to make this public. At least, in my opinion. It’s kind of a slippery slope, because I can assure you they will demand it be done, even if you’re not legally in a position to make it happen.

Void Singer

as above I’d expect a lot of people to want it in, but I think it may be doable for public show and tell if it’s made clear that it cannot be an official avatar (and make it Painfully clear that it was sourced as a fanart collaboration and used to test the processing pipeline to head off any “wasted time” silly talk).

rather impressed with the level of detail and the lighting, even though I have a violent hatred of spiders, and it really does show off how fexible the system can be over different avatar types.

faceriguser

The thing is it is quite possible for these kind of things to be out there, even if they won’t be made by us, it is only a matter of members of the community building them.

They won’t be in the official packs unless Riot games enters some in some form of agreement with us, but it is not out the question for them to exist if the community wants to build them.

In other news, Dreamhack Bucharest is in 3 weeks or so, and they do have League of Legends (no Starcraft this year though… but they do heave Hearthstone and I understand it is hosted by Kripp) . I’m very tempted to try and drop by and see if I can’t score an audience with a Riot representative, if there are any around.. might do a lot more good than just an e-mail….

edited by facerig

Xyphien
    Participant

I’d absolutely love to see this out. The thing is, you’d have to make it free, and community made for legal reasons obviously. It’s be the same thing as minecraft having league of legends skins, texture packs, ect. As well as spider man, MLP, ect. It’s free, and non commercial use there isn’t much they can do, especially if you make it without using any of their products.

The thing with Riot is they absolutely love fan made creations, and would probably be stoked to see this on a program of this nature. I could see them featuring it on their facebook or something as well <3

I for one, am down for this 🙂 If anything it could go on FRUS as a free download <3

Falcon

The animation and tracking abilities just keep looking better and better. The eye tracking and leaning in and out of the character are damn impressive.

lastplace199

I’m sure that even if you don’t put league of legends models out then one of the fans of that game will. 😀

wolfetter

It certainly look nice but i dont think it should be official model. may be like the additional model in the avatar library in future (if you intend to do such thing of course 😉 )

TrueChaoS
    wolfetter wrote:
    It certainly look nice but i dont think it should be official model. may be like the additional model in the avatar library in future (if you intend to do such thing of course 😉 )

That’s not really the point of this. The point is whether or not they should make the video public. It will never be an official one unless they can make an agreement with the copyright holders and work out an arrangement (would probably be an avatar pack released a little later)

Falcon
    TrueChaoS wrote:
    That’s not really the point of this. The point is whether or not they should make the video public. It will never be an official one unless they can make an agreement with the copyright holders and work out an arrangement (would probably be an avatar pack released a little later)

I don’t see any harm in linking the video of such to the backers. Whether or not the exact character will ever be available, it still serves to show how far they’ve progressed in character modelling and the implementation of tracking ability. To date I don’t recall seeing an actor that’s anything like the spider form displayed.

karashata
    Participant

I have to say, that is very impressive.

I don’t see why you can’t go public with it, as long as you put an appropriate disclaimer stating that it’s a fan-made creation that was used for testing purposes, and may not show up in the final product unless you get permission to have it there. I think it would be a great idea to show off the capabilities of the program with such a demo, as it demonstrated that the program isn’t limited to only using humanoid or anthropomorphic avatars.

faceriguser

At this point I think we’ve been as careful as we possibly could on the matter, so I’ve posted it publicly on Youtube.
    If anyone with rights over Elise’s design will get upset though, I’ll take it down if they ask us to.

TrueChaoS

Edited the OP with a link to the public video (also below for convenience)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYvfILAowWk

faceriguser

Thank you TC 😀

lastplace199

One idea is that you could teak up with with Riot Games and make models of each of the characters.Then they could put something up in the main menu of the game. Therefore promoting both Facerig and League of Legends. 😮

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

• Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 33
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 93