Danny - feedback - Facerig

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  AutumnFox 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

AlleyCat

Please give feedback here regarding Danny (good or bad, all is welcomed). Screen-shots attached with the avatar in different poses:

edited by facerig

caragua
    Participant

<3

… Actually, I think it's just good as-is

Seems much easier to do Cartoony avatars than Realistic ones, eh?

lastplace199

The only thing that bugs me is that his snout looks really long.

Avereth

He’s absolutely adorable as he is. The videos of him talking definitely look right out of a movie. If someone had told me this guy was in that ‘Rise of the Guardians’ movie or whatever I would have believed it. Some of the fur on his body looks a bit more matted than fluffy, but that might have to do with the blurring that happens to keep the face appearing more in the foreground.

caragua
    Participant
    lastplace199 wrote:
    The only thing that bugs me is that his snout looks really long.

Isn’t it normal for a wolf to be like that?

lastplace199
    caragua wrote:
    Isn’t it normal for a wolf to be like that?

Not really, they are normally short and connected smoother.

P.S.:These pictures are from Wikipedia.

SpiritD

Danny looks great, not a single thing bugs me about him, yeah the muzzle is longish but he is a cartoony wolf and it looks good on him.

Feryl

I’d give this guy a thumbs up. Very well done. I can see him being a very popular av.

AutumnFox

I think as with the kitten, his ears are too thick and geometric – if you look at the pictures Lastplace provided you can see how much thinner and more rounded they are, and also I agree with some people about the muzzle being too big/bulky – although I know he is intended to be ‘cartoony’, I think you’ve kind of gone too realistic with this character to be able to hold many overly cartoony features well, so it just looks kinda off.

This also seems to be the reason why the ears seem too small – their size actually looks more or less a normal in relation to the curvature of the skull (and having said that, the eyebrows seem to stick out a bit much, especially when looking at the 2nd panel), because the muzzle is so large I guess it shrinks them in the perception of the viewer.

So basically I’m saying I don’t feel that ‘cartoony’ and ‘realistic’ mix too well in this way, and I’m giving my personal opinion that it could be adjusted more towards realism to address that slight visual discrepancy 😛

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

• Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 33
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 93