2D characters are not showing up - Facerig

Homepage Forum Support FaceRIG Help & Troubleshooting 2D characters are not showing up

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  facerig 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Chris
    Participant

When I tried to load in a 2D character, it didn’t show up. Please note I’m using FaceRig mobile on a iPad gen 6. I loaded it from a download link for a zip file I made with google drive. Please help!

facerig
    Keymaster

Do you have the External Live2D Pack? In order for the 2D avatars to appear you will have to purchase that add-on. If the add-on is installed, did you create the model, or downloaded it from the Workshop? The mobile version sees only avatars created with the Cubism 2.0 version.

Chris
    Participant

Yes I do have the External Live2D Pack. Also, I don’t download it from the steam workshop. I download it from YouTube…

And how do I tell if it’s cubism 2.0?

facerig
    Keymaster

What do you mean you downloaded it from YouTube?

Chris
    Participant

I mean like, I searched “Facerig avatars” on YouTube. Saw one I liked, downloaded it, made it a zip file, then made a link for it with google drive. Then I used the add-on, but it didn’t show up

facerig
    Keymaster

What format were those avatars that you’ve downloaded off of YouTube?

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  facerig.

Chris
    Participant

They were RAR files. I then used winRAR to open it. After that, I converted it to a zip file.

facerig
    Keymaster

Can you link one here so I can try and import it as well?

Chris
    Participant

facerig
    Keymaster

It seems that the avatar was exported somewhat incorrectly and that is why you can’t see it on mobile. You’ll have to do some renaming in order for the avatar to appear. Download the avatar, unzip it and then open the “asuna_01.model.json” file with WordPad. Once the file is opened, search for the line “moc/asuna_01.1024/texture_00.png” (there are four lines in total, up to 03.png). Delete the moc/ (but leave the quote sign) for all of the four lines. After that, delete the moc/ found in the second line of the json (“model”:”moc/asuna_01.moc”) as well. After that, go to the avatar’s folder and rename the “expressions” folder as “exp” (without the quotes, of course) and the “motions” folder as “mtn”. Then upload the model to drive and paste the link again.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Preference Center

• Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 33
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/important/web/wp.facerig.com/wp-content/plugins/gdpr/public/partials/privacy-preferences-modal.php on line 93